Discuss & Learn How To Make Money Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Manoj

Tell about Noah's Ark ? Empty Tell about Noah's Ark ?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:17 am
hi
Dhruv singhaniya

Tell about Noah's Ark ? Empty Re: Tell about Noah's Ark ?

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:17 pm
I’ve been fascinated by the story of Noah and the ark since I saw an old white bearded man stuck to a flannel graph above a square boat. Even when I was five, I saw past the cute giraffe head sticking out the window and realized the story was serious stuff.

Dhruv singhaniya

The story of “Noah and the ark” spans Genesis 5 to Genesis 9. Though some of Noah’s life spans beyond Genesis 9, the story of the flood ends around Genesis 9:19. Verses 20-28 get a little weird. Read it. You’ll see what I mean. Genesis 5 is a bunch of genealogies. Normally, I find genealogies extraordinarily BORING, but in this case that chapter is super interesting (more on that below). Genesis 6 describes the state of the world around Noah’s time, along with God’s calling on Noah’s life, while Genesis 7-8 is mainly about the details of the flood.
Dhruv singhaniya

Adam likely knew Noah’s father, Lamech. If you assume that “so and so BEGAT so and so” means “so and so WAS THE FATHER of so and so,” then Adam lived for 56 years after Lamech was born and died 126 years before Noah was born. HOWEVER. . . the original Hebrew that is translated “begat” in this passage means both “begat,” and “begat an ancestor of.”
Dhruv singhaniya

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:21 pm
Noah’s grandfather (and Enoch’s son) was Methuselah, the oldest recorded living person in history. If we trust the genealogies to be exact, Methuselah died the exact year of the flood. His name even means, “his death shall bring judgment.” (Muth, a root that means, “Death,” and shalach, which means “to bring,” or “to send forth.” Thus, his name means, “his death shall bring judgment.”) It’s also fitting that Methuselah’s lifespan, which signified God’s coming judgment, is the longest lifespan in recorded history, to symbolize the extreme lengths of God’s mercy.
Dhruv singhaniya

Noah’s name means “rest and comfort.” Because through him, God would bring rest to the world—rest from the constant sin burning in the hearts of evil men. In addition, Lamech’s prophecy over Noah’s birth connects back to Cain’s sin, when he murdered Abel and God cursed the ground.“Out of the ground that the Lord has cursed, this one shall bring us relief from our work and from the painful toil of our hands.”–Genesis 5:29b So—and this was just a tad bit mind-blowing to me after writing CAIN and linking CAIN with FLOOD the way I did—Noah’s faithful love for God is even seen as reversing the repercussions that Cain’s sin put into motion.
Dhruv singhaniya

Water baptism, which is symbolic of man accepting God’s mercy, finds its roots in the most violent of God’s judgments. The Bible repeatedly connects God’s judgment with his mercy. In the New Testament, the apostle Paul claims that God disciplines those that he loves, and that his reproof is proof of his love. “For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.”
Dhruv singhaniya

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:22 pm
The story of Noah and the flood is about God’s justice and mercy being executed through a new beginning patterned after the original creation story in Genesis 1. God is wiping the world clean so that he can remake the world. All the land is recast by the violence of the worldwide flood. All the waters are changed. All the animals, save for a select few, are destroyed.
Dhruv singhaniya

All the plants are destroyed and must regrow. Every human being aside from one family faithful to God is destroyed, so that the world might begin anew in close communion with the Creator—just like how the world started with one family in close communion with the Creator.
Dhruv singhaniya

The flood happened because men pervasively denied God. In Luke 17, Jesus claimed that at the end of days, men would act as they did in Noah’s day. “They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.”–Luke 17:27 Notice that men are focused completely on their own lives.
Dhruv singhaniya

They are building their own empires. There is no mention of them walking with God, or worshiping God, or of them even thinking about God. Jesus mentions no direct sin, but the lack of focus on God indicates that their sinful behavior was a direct result of not walking in close communion with God. He implies that they worshiped themselves instead of God, and because of that God gave them over to a debased mind.
Dhruv singhaniya

Likewise, Genesis claims that what set Noah apart was that he “walked with God” (Genesis 6:9), just as his great-grandfather Enoch “walked with God.” Though the net result was that Noah lived a righteous life whereas everyone around him lived a wicked life, the defining difference was not moral, but instead was spiritual and relational—just as we see in the New Testament gospel of faith in Christ.
Dhruv singhaniya

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:23 pm
The Genesis flood account is completely unique from any other flood story because its focus is on mankind’s personal relationship with a merciful and loving Creator. In other flood epics, the gods are impartial and removed, and they destroy mankind out of irritation at mankind’s noise, or out of pure spite. In the modern movie NOAH by atheist director Darren Aronofsky, God destroyed mankind because of mankind’s role in environmental degradation.
Dhruv singhaniya

We do not see in those derivative stories any form of hope in true reconciliation between man and the god(s) responsible for the destruction. However, in the Bible, Noah is saved because of his close relationship with God (“Noah walked with God.”), and the rest of the world is condemned because they pervasively denied God’s invitation to live in communion with him.
Dhruv singhaniya

Noah wasn’t saved because he was righteous. Noah was saved because he loved God. I’ve heard so many preachers get this wrong (and that’s nothing against preachers!). The Old Testament and the New Testament should not be so divided in our minds. The old covenantal system of animal sacrifices set up with Abraham was never intended to actually take man’s sin away—otherwise why would Christ’s sacrifice be necessary?
Dhruv singhaniya

In many places in the Old Testament, God does not view animal sacrifices as actually working in themselves, but only as a means to urge us to honor God with our hearts. “‘What to me is the multitude of your sacrifices?’ says the Lord; I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of well-fed beasts; I do not delight in the blood of bulls, or of lambs, or of goats.”–Isaiah 1:11 “In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required.
Dhruv singhaniya

Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me: I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.’”–Psalm 40:6-8 As we see in the book of James, faith is made real through action. Fulfilling the Old Testament covenant with Abraham was a way for Israel to make their faith real. Stated another way, animal sacrifices were just a means of consummating love for God. Nothing more. Animal sacrifices never actually atoned for sin—only Christ’s sacrifice did that, and it was enough.
Dhruv singhaniya

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:24 pm
God merely showed Israel mercy when they remained faithful, and only because Jesus was already pre-destined to come and bear the world’s sin. The animal sacrifices were a foreshadowing of Christ’s sacrifice, just as Noah was a foreshadowing of the true savior. Christ’s sacrifice was retroactive through all of history.
Dhruv singhaniya

“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible. By faith Abel offered to God a more acceptable sacrifice than Cain, through which he was commended as righteous, God commending him by accepting his gifts. And through his faith, though he died, he still speaks.
Dhruv singhaniya

By faith Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because God had taken him. Now before he was taken he was commended as having pleased God. And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. By faith Noah, being warned by God concerning events as yet unseen, in reverent fear constructed an ark for the saving of his household.
Dhruv singhaniya

By this he condemned the world and became an heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.”—Hebrews 11:1-7 Literally all of Hebrews chapter 11 is dedicated to proving that everyone is saved by faith, even all of the Old Testament patriarchs. So, if you don’t see Christ in the Old Testament, it’s time to read the Bible in greater detail.
Dhruv singhaniya

The process of writing a novel based on the story of Noah and the ark has been a huge wake-up call for me to study the Bible in a deeper way. Before working on the book, I didn’t know any of this stuff! But how cool is it that we can learn it together?

Dhruv singhaniya

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:25 pm
Even still, there is so much more to the story of Noah and the ark, and I’m so excited to share FLOOD: The Story of Noah and the Family Who Raised Him with you! I’ve put my whole heart into this book, and I believe it will be a great spiritual encouragement to everyone who reads it. When my wife read it, she said, “Reading FLOOD legitimately inspired me to pursue God more passionately.”
daksh007

Noah's Ark is the name for a large boat that, according to the Book of Genesis (chapters 6-9) and the Quran (surah hud), was built by Noah at God's command to save himself, his family, and the world's animals from a worldwide deluge
Dhruv singhaniya

The Bible says the Ark was to be built of "gopher wood". "Gopher" is the actual Hebrew word. In early English translations the meaning of the word was unknown so it was left untranslated. The NIV translates it "cypress wood", however, this is only a guess. It was undoubtedly translated this way due to the fact that cypress wood is highly resistant to rot. What this material was is still a mystery. It could have been a pre-flood wood with which we are not familiar.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum