Discuss & Learn How To Make Money Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
chandakkk

What do you think about the teachers going on strike? Empty What do you think about the teachers going on strike?

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:36 pm
Hi kindly comments us
deepika2029

What do you think about the teachers going on strike? Empty Re: What do you think about the teachers going on strike?

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:42 pm
People keep saying that Teachers are upset because they're losing money or sick days or whatever and that they are just greedy. The teachers AGREED to a wage freeze the issue that they are protesting is the government introducing LAW to take away their right to negotiate their contract.
deepika2029

What do you think about the teachers going on strike? Empty Re: What do you think about the teachers going on strike?

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:43 pm
Teachers have a very difficult job and should have just as much right as anyone else to strike for better conditions and a fair wage. Teachers are some of the hardest working people in any profession under some of the most difficult conditions. They have every right to strike if it will improve their working conditions and pay.
deepika2029

Otherwise we end up with dissatisfied teachers, and a high turnover among teachers. The children will ultimately suffer if teachers are not respected and treated justly.
deepika2029

Teachers although they may need to take action to improve conditions and pay scales should not strike.
deepika2029

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:44 pm
There are other forms of protest that would impact their students and parents to a lesser degree while still being effective. An example would be to refuse to fulfill their many administrative responsibilities, or recruiting the support of students and parents.
deepika2029

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:44 pm
I believe teachers should have the right to strike if their benefits are been reduce or are been abuse at work or making less money year after year without a cost of living raise. After all, we all seem to pay more taxes every year and that is where their money comes from, and the government is just another employer, nothing special, so who is keeping that 3% I pay more in taxes every year?
meenu007

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:45 pm
People keep saying that Teachers are upset because they're losing money or sick days or whatever and that they are just greedy.
Dhruv singhaniya

I think so. Now is not the time to be cracking down on teachers "for the sake of the children.
deepika2029

I believe that it is ok for teachers to go on strike because being a teacher is a highly respected occupation since they educate people of every stage. If the resources they are supplied with are not enough to continue their job, they have a right to revolt and go on strike until their needs are met.
meenu007

Teachers are some of the hardest working people in any profession under some of the most difficult conditions. They have every right to strike if it will improve their working conditions and pay.
meenu007

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:46 pm
Teachers although they may need to take action to improve conditions and pay scales should not strike. There are other forms of protest that would impact their students and parents to a lesser degree while still being effective.
deepika2029

Teachers are costing innocent students their education While teachers are striking, kids are losing their education which is unfair. Teachers are public servants and they need to take full responsibility for their students.
deepika2029

They sign up to be a teacher, knowing their working conditions. And if they don't like their conditions, maybe the job is not made for them.
deepika2029

As a stated before innocent children are lacking their education while teachers are striking.
meenu007

Yes I believe teachers should have the right to strike if their benefits are been reduce or are been abuse at work or making less money year after year without a cost of living raise. After all, we all seem to pay more taxes every year and that is where their money comes from, and the government is just another employer, nothing special, so who is keeping that 3% I pay more in taxes every year?
meenu007

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:48 pm
I lived through a teacher strike in the middle of the 1970s, and the effect stuck with me all these years. I was only in 4th or 5th grade, but I knew that I was being cheated.
Dhruv singhaniya

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:48 pm
The issue is NOT money. People keep saying that Teachers are upset because they're losing money or sick days or whatever and that they are just greedy.
meenu007

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:49 pm
Don’t get me wrong - schools are for education, not warehousing children. But teachers make a commitment to consistently providing their professional services much like first responders or doctors - when they are not present, society breaks down.
Dhruv singhaniya

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:49 pm
Teachers although they may need to take action to improve conditions and pay scales should not strike.
Dhruv singhaniya

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:50 pm
Why, then, would teachers ever go on strike? Well, for more money, more benefits, and more protections ... one can always ask. But to strike is to demand.
meenu007

I also feel strongly that many teachers in our country are under-appreciated, underpaid, and poorly managed. Many also are asked to perform duties that are outside of their training and the norms for others.
Dhruv singhaniya

I believe that it is ok for teachers to go on strike because being a teacher is a highly respected occupation since they educate people of every stage.
Dhruv singhaniya

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:51 pm
Teachers are striking, kids are losing their education which is unfair.
meenu007

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:51 pm
I believe that we should have mechanisms in place to address these situations, and I know that we will fail as a society if we do not have teachers who are excited to perform their jobs.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum